People of all ages and backgrounds make our church their home and are passionate about reaching & helping others to find life in Christ. Our heartbeat is to love God and love people. Through the pages of this site, you will find many practical ways that you can get involved.
Our vision at Bethel Church is to become a family devoted to following Jesus, who are committed to serving one another in mission. A place where everyone is accepted and encouraged to reach out with the love of God.
We seek to achieve this aim by being a community of people who are:
SERVE THE COMMUNITY GROW IN FAITH
Values are what we consider important and worthwhile. Commonly held Core Values are the key to unity and are the foundation upon which all activity must be based. Paul encourages us to be “like-minded” and “one in spirit and purpose” (Phillipians 2:2). We are committed to developing and pursuing Biblical Kingdom values. The following core values define Bethel Church – who we are and what we are committed to:
1. Jesus Christ – we are a Christian church. The person of Jesus Christ is central to all we do and through Him we have a relationship with God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
2. The Bible – we are a Bible-based church. We are committed to the Bible as the Word of God and our final authority for rule and practice.
3. The Ministry of the Holy Spirit – we are a Spirit-filled church. We believe that each Christian should develop the fruits of the Spirit and seek to use and function in the gifts of the Spirit for the benefit of others.
4. Discipleship – we are a maturing church. Our goal is to help people become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
5. Prayer – we are a praying church. Our goal is to become a house of prayer transforming Carmarthen, Wales and the World.
6. Worship – we are a worshipping church. Our goal is to express our devotion to God through joyful praise and intimate worship.
7. Loving relationships – we are a loving church. Our goal is to see every person loved and cared for in such a way that they feel accepted, valued and have a sense of belonging.
8. Servanthood – we are a serving church. Our goal is to see every member developing their God-given abilities and using them to serve others.
9. Outreach – we are an evangelistic church. Our goal is to reach lost people both near and far and influence our community for righteousness through evangelism, community outreach and mission.
10. Relevance – we are a contemporary church. Our goal is to present the message of Christ in a way that is meaningful to regular attenders and comprehensible to the unchurched.
11. Diversity – we are a unified church. Our goal is to bridge racial, cultural, gender, socio-economic and generational gaps so as to create a community where all people can relate together in a spirit of love and unity.
12. Excellence – we are a quality church. Our goal is to pursue excellence in all aspects of church life in order to bring glory to God.