Without Easter, the Bible would be useless.
Our whole faith and the power behind everything we believe and teach are wrapped up in the fact that Jesus died, then rose from the grave. Without a resurrection, Jesus would have been another good intention individual cut down in His prime.
But Easter did happen, and because of that, we can place our trust in God’s promises. Jesus overcame death and established Himself as having authority over all things. That means, when Jesus makes a promise, we can believe Him.
Some promises that are true because the resurrection happened…..
1. I won’t die. “Those who trust in the Son possess eternal life; but those who don’t obey the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them”. John 3:36
2. I don’t have to be a slave to sin. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery”. Galatians 5:1
3. I am a new creation. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”. 2 Corinthians 5:17
4. I don’t have to fear. “Love never brings fear, for fear is always related to punishment. But love’s perfection drives the fear of punishment far from our hearts. Whoever walks constantly afraid of punishment has not reached love’s perfection”. 1 John 4:18
5. I don’t have to worry. “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you”. 1 Peter 5: 7
6. God wants good things for me. “So we are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together to fit into God’s perfect plan of bringing good into our lives, for we are his lovers who have been called to fulfill his designed purpose”.. Romans 8:28
7. I am not alone. “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, never will I leave you; never will I forsake you”. Hebrews 13:5
8. God wants to hear my requests. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened”. Matthew 7:7-8
9. One day all things will be made right. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am”. John 14:3
10. God loves me. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”. John 3:16
All of these promises may seem hard to believe. The good news is that the one who promised has proven Himself trustworthy. Every Easter, we are reminded that nothing is too big for God to handle, and nothing can keep Him from us.
The greatest promise of all: Even though we should be eternally separated from God, Jesus came to Earth and gave His life up to bridge the gap between us and God. Jesus chose to reconcile all of us who believe and He was willing to face death and suffering to do so. This Easter let’s celebrate like we have a God that refused to leave us on our own. He is a God of great promises, a God that is faithful.