Statement of Faith
Bethel Church is a member of the Apostolic Church UK. A brief summary of the Apostolic Church basis of faith is found below:
- The one true and living God who eternally exists in three persons in unity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The inherent corruptness of man through the Fall; The necessity of repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Christ alone and the eternal separation from God of the finally unrepentant.
- The Virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and continuing intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ; His second coming and millennial reign upon earth.
- The Justification and sanctification of believers through the finished work of Christ.
- The baptism of the Holy spirit for believers with supernatural signs, empowering the church for its mission in the world.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church and ministry to the world.
- The Sacraments of Baptism by immersion and of the Lord’s Supper.
- The divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures.
- Christ’s leadership of the Church through Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders and Deacons, for unity, maturity and growth of the church.
- The security of the believer as he remains in Christ.
- The privilege and responsibility of bringing tithes and offerings to the Lord.